Thursday 3 September 2015

Golden

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Melinda Michaels for giving me this book to review.

Hanna has just suffered her first black out in 10 years in front of her Homeroom. This terrifies her because the last time she blacked out she woke up with no memory of her life before. Hanna is sure that everyone is keeping secrets from her and the only person she thinks is honest with her is William Vann, the man who everyone is telling her to avoid. However, Hanna could have never of guessed that she is a descendent of someone in a fairytale and that William’s ascender was a villain but can she trust her instinct or will the story repeat itself?

Golden was an enjoyable paranormal mystery novel which was darker and more intense than I was expecting. While a unique story it did have elements of the TV show Once Upon a Time but based on the original fairytales not the Disney versions. This book was not fast paced and was definitely character driven.

I felt very sorry for Hanna as I would hate it if everyone I knew and loved was keeping secrets from me. However, I did not like that she kept on doing dangerous things for the rush which made it harder to connect to her. I like William as he hates who he is but does his best to not be the villain everyone expects him to be.


I liked this book and look forward to reading another book in this series. I would recommend Golden to fans of paranormal books based of fairytales.

No comments:

Post a Comment