Monday 6 July 2015

Liebster Award!



I am really happy as I have just been awarded my first ever Liebster Award! Thanks to Tea, Book & Me for nominating me!!!


The rules are: 



My questions to answer are:

1.    What is that one quote which identifies you as a Bookwyrm? Explain its significance.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” George R. R. Martin.
I identify with this as I feel that books are an escape from reality, as you get to experience other’s life.


2.    Do you like the smell of ancient books more so than the newly fresh one you just bought?
No, I love the smell of fresh books, as it reminds me of bookstores.

3.    Hardcover? Paperback? Or ebooks?
I used to prefer paperbacks but now I love ebooks as they are so easy to get and you can discover new authors.

4.    If you love a book, would you want it to be adapted into a film? Why or why not?
If they can do a good job like with The Hunger Games, yes, but if they can’t then I would they rather they not ruin it.


5.    Hot chocolate? Tea? Coffee? Water? Which would be your favourite go-to during winter?
A nice cuppa tea (typically English).

6.    Do you ever feel bad for the trees, based on the amount of books you see in the library, bookshops, on your bookshelf’s or even just in general?
If you ask anyone I know, I feel guilty about everything, but most publishers nowadays are good at replanting trees they use, so mostly not.

7.    If an author allows you to rewrite a novel he/she has written. Which would it be? Why? What would you have changed?
I would have to change the ending of The High Lord by Trudi Canavan because it makes no sense the decision Akkarin and Sonea made and then no sacrifice would have had to be made (sorry can’t go into more detail without spoilers).

8.    List the top 5 fictional characters which you would love to have as your best friends?
In no particular order
1.    Susan Death from the Discworld series
2.    Connor Drake from the Drake Chronicles
3.    Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series
4.    Joker from the Mass Effect games
5.    Sydney Sage from the Bloodlines series

9.    If an apocalypse is about to happen, what would you do to your books?
I love my books but I would probably ignore them and pack survival stuff but I might take along some of my dad’s outdoor survival books.

10. If you were to publish a book, unfortunately you’re going to anger either the editor or the illustrator, in which you would end up with either a fantastic blurb, but with an awkward front cover or vice versa. Tick tock time to choose?
If was a paper book then I would prefer the good cover but if it is an ebook then I would want a good blurb.


11 random facts about me are:
1.    I name my pets after book/film characters for example Indiana, Merry and Pippin.
2.    I always write stuff down before I type it out (including this)
3.    I have phobias of roller-coasters and flying
4.    I am doing a degree in psychology with The OU
5.    Even though I like his quote, I have never read any of the A Song of Fire of Ice books and I only just started watching Game of Thrones a month ago
6.    I like playing RPG video games
7.    I didn’t start reading for fun until I was 16, before that I hated books and reading
8.    I have dyslexia
9.    I like baking cakes
10. I am really shy especially around people I don’t know well
11. I’m very weird, as I enjoy filing and organising

The 5 bloggers I am nominating are:

My 11 questions to you are:
1.    What is your favourite book/series?
2.    Which country, apart from the one you live in, would you chose to live in?
3.    Which book do you love which most people have not heard of?
4.    Where do you do most of your reading?
5.    Which would you choose out of going into a book or bring a character out of a book? Which book/character would you choose?
6.    Who is your favourite villain?
7.    What do you think your patronus would be?
8.    Which character do you think is the most similar to yourself?
9.    Which pre-order book are you most looking forward to?
10. Do you prefer books which are standalone or series?
11. If you could date one fictional character who would it be and why?

Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Loved your answers! Haha, I'm extremely shy around people I don't know, either! And aren't RPG simply the best? :D

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) yeah it is awkward being shy, and yes they are my favourite RPG series is Dragon age

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being nominated! Great answers, the quote is one of my favourites too along with "It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone" - both by amazing authors! Also thanks for the nomination :D

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/top-ten-tuesday-2-top-ten-books-ive.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) that is a good quote too, who is the author? That's ok you have a good blog

      Delete
  3. I love your quote! ^-^ OMG I need to get back into the Drake Chronicles again, my favourite OTP is Nicholas & Lucy. Mainly because I pictured him as being Chace Crawford. :P I love your pets' name. Unfortunately, my hermit crabs passed away when we had a mini earthquake but I used to name them based on my favourite Disney film Tangled - Maximus & Pascal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) yeah the Drake Chronicles are amazing books, I love Lucy and Nicolas's relationship but I can really identify with Connor as we have the same interests. I'm sorry about your hermit crabs, but they are cool names.

      Delete