Wednesday 18 January 2017

Rhodi's Light

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Patchwork Press for giving me this book to review.

Rhodi’s Light has an interesting story idea but I found it severely lacked world building. I could not tell if this book was a fantasy or dystopian novel as it had magic and swords but also cars and phones, which made it a confusing read. It also didn’t grab me as I was not at all curious about what was going to happen next.

I felt sorry for Dylan but mostly I didn’t really like her as she was a brat, immature and not at all likeable, I preferred her brother Devin. I didn’t care both of those and their masters Tavana and Talidin, especially Talidin who a day after learning that Dylan and Devin’s parents died in a car crash drives them around fast and very recklessly.


It had potential but I was just too confused with the lack of world building and DNF at 39%.

No comments:

Post a Comment