Monday 25 April 2016

The Secret Fire

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Little, Brown Book Group UK for giving this book to review.

French teenager Sacha cannot die, until he turns 18, which will trigger his death and an apocalyptic event. Taylor is a straight A student who believes she is normal until she discovers that she can short out lights with her brain. They discover that Taylor is the only one who can save Sacha but they live in different countries and deadly forces are trying to stop them. Will they be able to break this curse in time?

The Secret Fire is a paranormal novel which is fast paced and has a hint of romance. I liked that this book was set in a different place than USA, as I feel that quite a lot them are set there,  I especially enjoyed the parts that were in the UK as I could relate to it.

Taylor is likeable but too perfect and good at everything, as she is responsible, considerate and hard-working. I preferred Sacha as he is wounded, sarcastic and comes across as rude and distant but this is a defence mechanism which hides how kind and lonely he is.


I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next book, The Secret City. I would recommend The Secret Fire to fans of the Ceruleans series by Megan Tayte and The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain.

No comments:

Post a Comment