Friday 15 April 2016

Dragonfriend

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Patchwork Press for giving me this book to review.

Lia’s life changes forever when the traitor Ra’aba takes over her adoptive fahter’s throne and pushes her of the side of a dragonship. She would have fallen to her death if it hadn’t been for Flicker, a green dragonet who saved her and then treated her wounds. She is desperate to return home so that she can defeat Ra’aba and restore the king to the Onyx throne but what will happen when the dragons find out that she has been recovering on their island?

Dragonfriend is a fantasy novel which started strong but soon got confusing and the pace was slow. I felt that there were too many plot points going on at once and I was unsure what I should be focusing on.

Lia is brave and protective but I didn’t really care about her or what happened to her adoptive family and I was really unsure why she was standing up for her abusive parent. Flicker was a cute character who was fun and adorable but also had a very big ego and could be annoying.


I felt Dragonfriend had potential but I could not get into it and DNF at 42%.

No comments:

Post a Comment