Tuesday 16 February 2016

Darkly, Deeply, Beautifully

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Megan Tayte for giving me this book to review.

Synopsis
DARKNESS HAS FALLEN, AND SHE ALONE WILL SEE THE LIGHT. 
With her mother’s life hanging in the balance, Scarlett is devastated – and done with being in the dark. She wants answers, all of them.
But when was her pursuit of the truth ever straightforward?
Pulling a single thread impels a great unravelling. And each revelation will force Scarlett to rethink what she thought she knew about the Ceruleans, the Fallen, her family – herself.
All that came before was a mere prelude to this, the last journey. From London to Twycombe to Hollythwaite to Cerulea, Scarlett will be stalked by the ghosts of what has been, what may have been and what may come to pass. Until she reaches the place where it all began, and it all must end.
But in the final reckoning, none will survive unscathed. And some will not survive at all.
In this explosive conclusion to The Ceruleans series, all must be defined by their actions: sinner, saint… or something more beautiful entirely?

Review
Darkly, Deeply, Beautifully is the really enjoyable final book in the Ceruleans series. Unlike the previous book there was more of an even mix of action, romance and drama. It was very fast paced as I wanted to know how the series ended and it had a lot of twists that I did not see coming, especially with Sienna. I also liked that we got to know more about the Fallen and the beliefs they live by.

I like how much Scarlett has changed and has discovered an inner strength and confidence but is still the same person we have grown to know over the past 4 books, and I am glad she had finally learnt that lying to the people she loves does not help anyone. I also liked that we got to know Sienna better and her motives for the choices she has made even if I did not agree with some of them.

Luke is still caring and protective and it is nice to see how supportive he is of Scarlett and has come to terms with who she is. I feel sorry for Jude as he is on an emotional roller coaster throughout the book and does not seem able to catch a break.

I loved the ending and I did not see it coming. I am looking forward to reading what Megan writes next. I recommend Darkly, Deeply, Beautifully to fans of the rest of this series and the Ceruleans series to fans of the Benedicts series by Joss Stirling and the Holders series by Julianna Scott

You can purchase Darkly, Deeply, Beautifully at Amazon UK and Amazon USA




Giveaway


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read, review and share. Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really enjoyed reading this series

      Delete