Wednesday 8 April 2015

Reave

***
3 Stars/5


After her father disappeared when she was a child, Aster has spent 10 years as a servant in the leader’s house of the city of New Bethal. Even as a child Aster knew that the city is a corrupt place full of assassins, called Reapers, but everything she has known changed when a new young leader takes charge. She is ordered to look after an assassin staying in the house. As Aster gets to learn more about the Reapers, and herself, she realises that she may not know the whole truth about her life.

I enjoyed Reave, it has a bit of action, fantasy, romance and assassins who actually kill people. This book is very descriptive but I did get confused at some points in the book. Also the cover is a bit deceiving as the book takes place almost entirely inside.

Aster is a sweet, naïve girl and during the book develops an inner strength and grew as a character. Chase was protective, caring and a good love interest for Aster but I did find the romance lacking. Ahren was smart and secretive and I was surprised by Camden as I was expecting him to play a different, more complex role.


The ending was a bit anti-climactic but I did not see the twist at the end coming and I am looking forward to reading the next book Elude. I would recommend Reave to fans of YA fantasy novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment