Wednesday 24 December 2014

Raven

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and AltWit Press for giving me this book to review.

Raven was trained by her father to be a Reaper; a bodyguard/assassin, who believe that for every life they take, they have to save another. Since her father died, she has spent years redeeming lives so that she can settle down and marry the man she loves. But when she saves Darius, the young Baron of New Hope, from drowning she is drawn into a mission she cannot refuse. She must find the Wood Witch to stop the fits Darius has or his father will kill him as he fears Darius is possessed, however they are being pursued by the determined Captain Jack and another reaper who is very deadly under the orders of Darius’s father.

Raven is a very good YA steampunk/fantasy novel which is very well written and descriptive. It was a bit slow to start but really picked up after that and has lots of action and suspense in it.

Raven is a very tough girl but also has her vulnerabilities which she worked though during the book. I really like Jack as he is loyal but also knows what is right and wrong, and I really liked that he did not try and prove he was a better fighter than Raven, which is unusual in most books. I also really liked Darius and I am glad he is not as spoiled as he could have been, however, I knew who Monroe was as soon as I met him.

Even though the ending was a bit rushed, I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next book about Darius. I would recommend Raven to fans of Throne of Glass and Nihal.




No comments:

Post a Comment