Saturday 15 November 2014

Captive

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin (UK) Limited for giving me this book to review.

Kitty is growing frustrated with impersonating the Prime Minister’s niece, Lia Hart, firstly, because her fake fiancĂ©, Knox, is not letting her become more involved in the rebellion and secondly, she is unable to spend much time with her boyfriend Benji. While looking for information on the prime minister, she discovers that she has been watched by the Hart family long before she was masked. After trusting the wrong person, Kitty’s greatest fear comes true as she is sent to Elsewhere, a prison from which no one has escaped. With Kitty not knowing who to trust, will she give up or help the rebellion even when it might cost her everything?

Captive is the good dystopian sequel to Pawn with action, romance and violence. It is fast paced and full of twists, some of which I saw coming but some I did not.

I liked Kitty more in this book because, even though she is really easily deceived, she still fights for what she believes in and does want to be a pawn anymore. I also like Benji as he is kind, loyal and protective of Kitty without smothering her. There are lots of new characters in this book as well as people from the previous book, my favourite is Knox as I could never tell where he stood and if we could trust him.


I really enjoyed this book and am looking to the next book, Queen. I would recommend Captive to fans of the first book in the Blackcoats rebellion trilogy Pawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment