Wednesday 18 December 2013

Witch Rising


****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Amber Argyle for giving me this book to review.

When her parents are killed and she is shipwrecked, Lilette, an 8 year old witch, is the only survivor. She is rescued by Fa, who adopts her as long as she promises never to sing. After years on the island, an accident causes her to reveal her long kept secret, it starts Lilette on the path to her becoming one of the most powerful and important witches ever born.

Witch Rising is the short story prequel to Witch Fall, it is a good, very quick fantasy read. Lilette is a nice character and I felt very sorry for her but I could not connect much with her, I hope I get to know and like her better in Witch Fall.


This novella did not come to a nice conclusion, which left many unanswered questions for the next book. I would recommend Witch Rising to anyone who is interested in reading Witch Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment