Wednesday 4 December 2013

A Breath of Frost

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) for giving me this book to review.

In 1814 London, the 3 Lovegrove cousins Emma, Penelope and Gretchen, are unaware that they are witches. When Emma inadvertently opens the gates of the underworld, it lets loose horrors into Regency London. The most deadly being the Greymalkin sisters, who are killing debutantes, and Emma is somehow connected to the murders as she keeps finding the bodies. Together Emma, Gretchen and Penelope must learn and master their powers, uncover the clues and discover the secrets of their families past.

I liked A Breath of Frost, but for some reason, I’m not sure why, I felt underwhelmed with it, compared to Harvey’s other books which I love. However, it was a nice, quick paranormal read set in Regency times.

I liked Emma as she is stubborn and tough, however, both her and her cousins act too much like modern women, as they do not behave how I believe most regency girls would.


I will probably read the next book and hopefully I will connect with it more than this one. I would recommend A Breath of Frost to people who enjoy Harvey’s other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment