Tuesday 22 October 2013

World After

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Goodreads and Hodder & Stoughton for giving me this book to review.

After what happened at the Aerie, Penryn is rescued by the resistance, along with her mother, and her sister, Paige, who is scarred, changed and disfigured, from the angel’s actions. But, the Archangel Raffe believes that Penryn died in the scorpion basement and does not know that she is ok and with the resistance. When Paige is captured after the resistance believe she is a monster and try to kill her, it turns into a massacre and Paige flees. Now, Penryn and her mother have to find her and at the same time, they discover the angels horrifying plans.

World After is the really good sequel to Angelfall as it is addictive and has everything I liked but darker and grittier. I also liked how we got know more about the Angels and their plans.

Penryn has grown as a person since the beginning of the series, as she is still a reluctant hero even though she is going through so much, plus it makes Penryn seem more human the way she struggled to cope both with Paige and what happened to her, but she still has a sense of humour such as “Pooky Bear”. However, I did miss Raffe, as he is not in this book as much as I would have liked but the bits with him in were brilliant.  I also liked the secondary characters such as Dee-Dum and Penryn’s mother, but my favourite has to be Paige as I felt so sorry for her and I just want to give her a hug.


I hope we don’t have to wait as long for the next book as I really want to know what happens next with Penryn and the rest. I would recommend World After to fans of the first book Angelfall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment