Tuesday 15 October 2013

Silevethiel

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Purple Sun Press for giving me this book to review.

After her father’s murder, Princess Irewen is betrayed and left for dead in the forest of Mistwood. She is rescued by the prince of the wood elves, Laegon, and he protects her while she recovers from her attack and realises that she has no idea what to do next as she has no home or country. Irewen, Laegon and the rest of the elves are in danger from an evil king and unusual creature hunting them down. Is Irewen the answer to saving the wood elves home Vaelinel and is she the person talked about in the mysterious elven prophecy?

Silevethiel is a likable and quick fantasy book, with action and romance. I liked the idea of the connection between the protectors and the lion guardians as it was really interesting.

I did not feel I could connect to the 2 main characters Irewen and Laegon, and I think part the reason was that the romance felt very rushed and really unrealistic, as they fell in love after only a day or two. However, I did like Bregen, as he was funny and loyal; I especially like his teasing interactions with Laegon.


I would recommend Silevethiel to fans of YA fantasy Novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment