Monday 22 October 2012

The Assassin and the Desert


****
4 Stars/5
This is the second throne of glass novella in which Celaena, as punishment for her actions in the Pirate Lord, has to train with the Silent Assassins for a month and get a letter of approval from the master or be exiled.

I like this novella a bit more than the last one as it is slower than the first one and focuses more on the characters and the plot. Celaena is a little less sure of herself in this book after the consequences of the pirate lord, but she is still a really interesting character who is different from other main characters in this genre.

This novella focuses more on the characters and how Celaena interacts with them as there are more people in this story. I especially like the master, who is all Yoda like and not what you would expect from a leader of assassins.

After this I really cannot wait to get my hands on the Throne of Glass as Maas seems to be a brilliant author, I cannot wait to see what she does with a full length novel. I would recommend to people who like Maria V Snyder and Trudi Canavan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment