Tuesday 30 October 2012

Surrender

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Coscom Entertainment for giving me this book to review.

Elvins do not fall in love, they marry the land, so when Kaliel and Krishani start getting feeling for each other they have to hide them or be judged by everyone. At the same time they both have to deal with their own destinies and how they affect all of Avristar.

While this has all the elements I love in a fantasy book I just could not connect with it. As you go straight into the story I felt a bit lost and confused throughout half the book.

We only got to know Kaliel and Krishani in terms of their romance and destiny but not much else about them. I also did not like the insta-love in this book as they only met once yet pined after each other for over a year.

However I did like how descriptive and imaginative this book this is a I actually felt like I was in Avristar while reading this book and I could see how it look and felt like.

Overall a good story but with characters I could not relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment