Friday 12 October 2012

Captivate

****
4 Stars/5



Captivate starts a while after Need with Zara’s father being trapped in the house with his pixies and the friends are stopping other pixies which are arriving more often.

In the first half of the book Nick and Zara are in love, Issie is jealous of Devyn’s friendship with a girl called Cassidy. Also Zara, after rescuing a pixie called Astley, has an internal debate about whether all pixies are evil. I love the addition of Norse mythology as I did not know much about it and I found it fascinating.

The second half of the book is the saddest part in the entire series and I won’t spoil it for those who have not read it, but Zara has an important decision which could affect her life forever.

This is a captivating book with many twists and turns and I could not guess at the ending.  I would recommend it to people who have read Need and those who like YA paranormal romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment